Virus removal can be a tricky thing, so a good anti-virus program is a must. And remember that you can only have one anti-virus program installed at a time because they will conflict with each other and degrade system performance. But did you know that there are programs that work as companions to your existing anti-virus software? One of my favorites is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
The main screen inside of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware looks for items that may otherwise be overlooked by anti-virus software, like keystroke / password loggers, rootkits and spyware. It works great for finding PUP's (probably unwanted program), PUM's (potentially unwanted modifications) and P2P (peer to peer) software.
The settings screen inside of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware comes in four (4) versions; Free, Pro, Small Business and Enterprise.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free features include:
- Advanced malware detection and removal
- Industry proven clean-up technologies eradicate existing malware infections
- Rapid response malware database and heuristics updates
- Access to expert community and knowledgeable support teams through e-mail and forums
- Chameleon technology gets Malwarebytes running on infected systems
- Multi-language support
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro, Small Business and Enterprise features include:
- All of the features of the free version
- Real-time active malware prevention engine blocks known threats
- Heuristic protection prevents new zero day malware infections
- Malicious website protection blocks access to known and zero day malicious web content
- Automatic priority updates and scheduled scanning
- Fast flash scans
Here's a quote from Malwarebytes website:
Detect and Protect with Byte
Malware is big and malware is bad. Your computer is constantly at risk from infection by malware including viruses, worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers and spyware. Malwarebytes specializes in fighting malware.
If viruses are mischief, malware is mayhem. Malware doesn't just want to disrupt your network, it wants your keystrokes, logins, passwords, address book, data, credit card information, favorite t-shirt and possibly your cat.
Malware is not going away any time soon. Malware is growing, developing, constantly evolving. Malware is becoming more difficult to detect, and even harder to remove.
Only the most sophisticated anti-malware techniques can detect and remove malicious programs from your computer. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO combines powerful new technologies designed to seek out, destroy, and prevent malware.
For more information on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, just follow the link below: