Windows 7 has many features that allow you to use your computer without a display. For example, you can have screen text read aloud by using Narrator or you can have Windows describe screen activity to you.
You can turn on or adjust settings for these features on the Use the computer without a display page in the Ease of Access Center.
Open Ease of Access Center:
- by pressing the Windows logo key + U.
- Click on the Start button, then All Programs, then Accessories, then Ease of Access, then click on Ease of Aceess Center.
Click on Use the computer without a display.
Select the options that you want to use:
- Turn on Narrator. This option sets Narrator to run when you log on to Windows. Narrator reads aloud on-screen text and describes some events (such as error messages appearing) that happen while you're using the computer.
- Turn on Audio Description. This option sets Audio Descriptions to run when you log on to Windows. Audio Descriptions describe what's happening in videos.
- Turn off all unnecessary animations. This option turns off animation effects, such as fading effects, when windows and other elements are closed.
- How long should Windows notification dialog boxes stay open? This option sets how long notifications are displayed on the screen before they are closed.