E-mail is a great form of communication. But dealing with the spam can be a nightmare. I bought my first domain in the '90's, I have been dealing with spam ever since. Luckily for me, I found a program to deal with it, Mailwasher Pro 2011.
I have written about Mailwasher Pro before and now Firetrust has release the latest version, Mailwasher Pro 2011. The user interface has been refined and the 'cartoonish' feel of the previous version is gone.
The new look of Mailwasher Pro 2011
The overall functionality of Mailwasher remains the same, to keep unwanted e-mail from reaching your inbox. It allows you to preview your e-mail before opening it. The message table inside of Mailwasher Pro shows you all aspects of your e-mail, allowing you to choose which ones to keep and deletes the ones you don't.
The Preview Pane inside Mailwasher Pro 2011
Here's a list of Mailwasher Pro's features:
- Full support for unlimited POP3 and IMAP email accounts allowing you to quickly preview emails from any service provider and almost all webmail providers (Hotmail, Yahoo, GMail, AOL etc).
- Comprehensive weighted anti-spam tools such as Friendslist, Blacklist, RBL's, community spam filter, custom filters and learning filters to ensure legitimate and spam email is properly recognized.
- Full preview pane allowing you to see all aspects of your email, including headers and where links actually link to. Emails are shown in plain text to avoid viruses and malicious scripts running automatically.
- Full searchable recycle bin to retrieve any accidentally deleted email.
- Customizable look and feel to enhance usability.
- Quick and easy setup with inbuilt wizards.
Options for the Spam Tools
Here's a quote from Firetrust's site about the new features found in MailWasher Pro 2011.
A smarter look
The overall look has been simplified, toned down and tidied up to make MailWasher easier to work with. There's more customization options to change the way MailWasher looks, with more preview pane space plus new icons to unify the experience.
Choose your color!
Now you can choose the border color so it fits in with the rest of your apps, or just because you want to.
Change the layout
Change the layout so its optimized for laptops, wide screens, or customize the options so you get more preview pane space.
Easy to understand evaluations
At a glance you can now see why your email was evaluated as spam or good. Clear indicators show points given to each spam tool and the total evaluation so you can make better decisions about the email.
Users of older computers will notice significant speed improvements, while everyone should notice the application seems more snappy.
Mailwasher Pro 2011 is available at Firetrust's website and a trial version can be downloaded here.